Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Life vs Tea

I feel like I've been very absent lately.  I haven't been drinking tea, let alone trying new ones and writing reviews; visiting cool tea places; or even doing as much reading about tea as I normally do.

In a word, my life right now is messy. June has been a terrifying month full of heartbreak and drastic changes. For the first time in my adult life I am officially on my own. When I get past the fear and sadness though there's also so much to be excited about. Like lots of potential for growth and really having a chance to reacquaint myself with the adult me.

I think tea has subconsciously helped me to deal with this scary transition. One of the major aspects of tea that appeals to me is it's impermanence. It teaches us to savor every sip because no cup lasts forever. But much like fish in the ocean, there are always more cups of tea.

So enjoy a cup of tea with me today because we never know what life has in store for us tomorrow. 


My first pot of tea in my new place.  :) Masala chai with some French Breakfast.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that I JUST saw this - almost two weeks after the fact - but my condolences on all the upheaval. June has been an exceptionally shitty month for - well - just about everybody. Myself included. In the span of those three putrid weeks I've seen the death of two grandparents, a back injury, an HORRENDOUS tea date in Seattle . . . and now a flu-plague during a heat wave.

    Only thing that's helped my sanity has been having a good cuppa nearby. I'd advise you do the same. It's pure happiness by way of dead leaves (irony intended).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Geoff, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents! Lousy June can't be over fast enough. Hope you recover soon from your back injury and the plague, did the Vicodin help (was sad you were hurt but your live tweeting was vastly entertaining)?

    Thanks for the comment, it helps! It restores my faith in humanity that people can still care about strangers. :) Good luck with the rest of June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Geoff, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents! Lousy June can't be over fast enough. Hope you recover soon from your back injury and the plague, did the Vicodin help (was sad you were hurt but your live tweeting was vastly entertaining)?

    Thanks for the comment, it helps! It restores my faith in humanity that people can still care about strangers. :) Good luck with the rest of June.

    ReplyDelete