Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

Phoenix Comicon Steampunk Tea House

Hi all!

I'm at Phoenix Comicon right this second being anti-social in their Steampunk Tea House. There are going to be Steampunk authors and personas here but mostly I came for the tea.

It's bagged tea, not quite what I hoped but as I drank all my tea from this morning, I'll take what I can get.

My first cup is a white orchard from a company called Mighty Leaf. The package says Chinese white tea with peach and melon. It certainly smells very fruity. It brewed up pretty dark for a white with quite a bit of sediment (but that's a tea bag for ya).

The first sip of it had a very thick mouth feel and made me think of my favorite childhood lunch snack: gushers. This however was not a good thing.

The rest of it tasted like body wash, I think because the melon and the prevalences of cucumber melon bath products. It's got a very sweet aftertaste that unfortunately seals the last nail in this flavor's coffin. Maybe I'll have better luck with the Jasmine Green?

If not, at least I'm still at my favorite event of the year!!!! Rocking my Hufflepuff uniform!!  Happy Friday all!! TeaGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment